Friday, April 10, 2009

Einstürzende Neubauten's "Autobahn"

I remember taping this onto VHS back in 1984 (?) from Night Flight/USA Network and then showing it to my mom and my sister to "freak them out." The "you-tube" has everything! I've never really been a big fan of Einstürzende Neubauten (never bought their records), but this video is pretty awesome, and it's fun to watch them bang around on a construction site, or wherever they are. Blixa's "guitar solo" rocks. (Oh, and it's not to be confused with the song with the same name by Kraftwerk.)

2 comments:

Fuzz said...

ha!

I have quite a few Einstürzende Neubauten releases if you want to check them out - i got into them in college... not easy listening at all but there's a few releases that I dig - then again... "have I put them on the turntable/CD player in the last 8 years???" -

NO!

Art!... Aaaaart! AAAAAAARRRRTTT!

hehe

I think i've listened to "NIN" more since they got funkier beats...

but i digressed there...

i freaked out my "Dad" and watched my mom chuckle in horror as my dad walked out of the room during a home screening of "Pink Flamingoes" in like 1989! hehe :)

Damon said...

In high school, I borrowed one of their records (Strategies Against Architecture, Vol. 1) from a guy who, it turned out, was the brother of my future wife's best friend, unbeknownst to myself at the time, of course. Small world. Anyway, I listened to it and liked some of it, but it's in the category of "this-music-is-fun-to-make-but-not-as-much-fun-to-listen-to." I prefer Blixa's tenure with the Bad Seeds, personally.

And I need a re-view of Pink Flamingoes. It's been tooooo long.