Sunday, August 29, 2010

"I Don't Know if We're in a Garden"



This counts in my book as one of the dreamiest pop numbers ever recorded. The ages of the Flamingos in this video may not quite match their ages in the original recording, but that just adds to the dream-effect. I played guitar in a little-known theatrical art-band called Pancake Haus in the early 90s, and we did this song. It made me very, very happy. Still does.

My love must be a kind of blind love
I can't see anyone but you.

Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright
I only have eyes for you, dear.

The moon may be high
But I can't see a thing in the sky,
'Cause I only have eyes for you.

I don't know if we're in a garden,
or on a crowded avenue.

You are here
So am I
Maybe millions of people go by,
But they all disappear from view.
And I only have eyes for you.

1 comment:

Papa Jon said...

Totally agree. All time favorite and one of the amazing "music of the spheres" kind of numbers. Outer space doo wop. That song should have been on the disc that went with Voyager into space. Not sure about the New Zoo Review gazebo though if you know what I mean.