Monday, December 20, 2010

Best Cameo: Black Randy and the Metrosquad



Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1982) was a favorite of USA Network in the early 80s. I think I saw this on Night Flight back then. I recall one line from the movie when a Rastafarian roadie says something like "Everyone wants to live forever, but no one wants to die." That seemed insightful to me at the time, and I guess it still rings true. I remember virtually nothing else and certainly not this oddball scene in the above clip. I don't know the context, but was Black Randy attacked for not being sleek and rockin' enough? Note the totally punk-rock Israeli flag draped in front of the stage.

Multiple Choice: This scene proves that Black Randy is the missing link between ___________ and Jack Brewer.

A. Neil Diamond
B. The Turtles
C. Buddy Holly
D. Welcome Back, Kotter

1 comment:

Papa Jon said...

Give some of these a listen.

http://www.blackrandy.com/blackrandy1.html